Our Commitment to You - Coronavirus Update 22nd May
Friday 22nd May 2020
Read the latest update.
The Government, in consultation with industry, has issued new guidance to help businesses in the UK get back up and running and workplaces operating as safely as possible.
The guidance clarifies the types of businesses that can operate and how they can run the business safely during coronavirus pandemic.
It is broken down according to type of workplace rather than sector, as many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. And with eight sets of guidelines in total, it is important that businesses understand that they may need to look at several publications according to their circumstances.
It sets out practical steps for businesses focused on five key points:
- Work from home if you can
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment in consultation with workers or trade unions
- Maintain 2 meters social distancing wherever possible
- Where people cannot be 2 meters apart, manage transmission risk
- Reinforcing cleaning processes
This new guidance also includes downloadable assets for use on print and digital channels. You can use these A4 print outs to display in common areas to confirm that you have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
For more information on how to make the workplace Covid19 secure, please visit www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19.
At these uncertain times Bestway Wholesale is also available for support and guidance, our customer contact centre is available from 8:00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday on 01738 646666.
You can also find information and support on the following organisations:
- Please click here to access the various support initiatives from the UK Government
- Retail, hospitality, and leisure businesses in England, irrespective of their rateable value do not need to pay business rates for the 2020 to 2021 tax year. Click here to find out more
- Retail, leisure and hospitality businesses which have a rateable value between £15,000 to £51,000 will receive a one-off cash grant of up to £25,000. Click here to find out more
- Please click here to access the support initiatives from the Scottish Government