Update - 26th March
As this coronavirus outbreak continues to put pressure on the retail industry and cause disruption to many lives, we have taken further steps to protect the welfare of our customers and colleagues.
As your wholesaler, Bestway is here to support you and we have teams working around the clock to ensure the optimum availability, service and communication with you as best we can. We were confident in the government’s decision to recognise those involved in food distribution, sale and delivery as ‘Key Workers’ at the end of last week, and with this in mind we ask that you please continue to follow government guidelines and do everything you can to support efforts to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, both whilst operating your businesses and whilst visiting our depots.
We are making changes to our operations in some of our depots and these changes may differ every day. We endeavour to keep you updated, but we ask you to please bear with us as we implement the following across our estate:
- We will limit the number of customers able to come inside a depot at one time and in some depots, this may be as few as 10-30 customers at one time, to support with social distancing. This may mean that we operate one-in one-out in some depots
- You should visit the depots on your own – only one customer to be permitted per membership
- No guests will be allowed in on your membership for the foreseeable
- No under 16’s will be allowed into any of our depots for the foreseeable
- Depot times will be adjusted and reduced as required and where necessary we may close some depots on the weekend. Unfortunately, due to the fluidity of the situation, it may be that we aren’t able to send notices of individual closures, but we will provide details of the next nearest depot that is open
- Please adhere to social distancing in depot. Where we have markers in place, you must not stand more than one person within a 2-metre space and where there are no markers, we ask you to ensure you keep a distance of at least 2-metres to all personnel at all times
- In-bound deliveries will have priority entry into the goods-in area
- Some customer deliveries may be drop-and-drive only and handballing will not be available, whilst we are maintaining social distancing
We thank you in advance for your understanding of these changes and for your support at this time. Please do also continue to adhere to all government guidelines – you may find some of these links useful:
Update - 19th March
For 44 years, Bestway has been at the heart of the community providing, food, drink, services and advice to businesses across the UK.
Never has this been truer than today, as our colleagues work to support you and your businesses and families whilst the COVID-19 situation is ongoing.
Bestway is closely following advice from the World Health Organisation and Government advice in England, Scotland and Wales with regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is following the suggested actions with a view to limiting the impact to our customers’ businesses and to protecting the health of our colleagues, customers and suppliers.
We are doing everything we can to help our customers and our teams to stay healthy and safe, whether that’s through the products we sell or the services and support we provide.
Bestway is a family owned business and we hold more stock than most PLCs and smaller wholesalers. We have been working hard to ensure we have the right product available for everyone, our availability continues to be very strong and we have contingency teams and plans in place, reviewing stock levels daily to maintain the best service possible.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) clearly has the scope to be very disruptive to daily life, we are already seeing shoppers buying more tins, packets, frozen foods and long-life items. Bestway has a clear focus on the supplies of staple products ‘the community essentials’ for you, our customers, to enable you to continue to serve your local communities.
When it comes to our team, we’re keeping our colleagues updated with advice and information on how to stay safe, whether that’s at work or at home. Our teams in depots have access to hand washing facilities and sanitisers and we’re making sure our facilities are clean and hygienic, at all times.
We continue to monitor advice from the Government and will provide updates accordingly.
Thank you for choosing Bestway, your continued trust is valued and means a lot to us.